lauantai 31. tammikuuta 2015

Experiment/Kokeilu

We have here in Southern Finland such a rainy and dark day. All snow has melted and it's like autumn.

So I decided to keep my foot dry and do somethin inside. I sorted my stash and found my unfinished handmade "modge podge" work.
I got an idea to try something new with it. 
I took a piece of it (I've made it from a paper napkin with MP and net). I glued it with molding paste to the watercoloured background. Then I took an old little chiffon scarf and cut different pieces from it. Orange/yellow/green colours are from it. So I got rather nice sea bottom. I scanned the background and added digitally only the fish and the frame. 
I think that also fabric can be used in mixed-media works.
*****
Täällä Etelä-Suomessa on sateinen pimeä päivä. 
Kaikki lumi on sulanut pois ja on kuin syksyllä. 
Niinpä päätin pitää jalkani kuivina ja pysyä sisätiloissa. 
Kävin läpi tarpeistoani ja löysin kesken jääneen käsin tekemäni "modge podge"-työn. (Olen tehnyt sen lautasliinasta MP:n ja verkon avulla.) Liimasin sen muovailumassalla vesiväreillä tekemääni pohjaan. Sitten otin vanhan pienen sifonkihuivin ja leikkelin siitä erilaisia palasia. Oranssi/keltainen/vihreä-värit 
ovat siitä. Näin sain aika kivan merenpohjan. 
Sitten skannasin taustan ja lisäsin siihen digitaalisesti 
vain kalan ja kehyksen.
Mielestäni ohut kangaskin soveltuu mixed-media töihin.

9 kommenttia:

  1. Very beautiful and very inventive to use the scarf pieces.

    Same dark and wet day here in the UK as well.

    Love Chrissie

    VastaaPoista
  2. Lovely use of different mediums and using chiffon and net has enhanced the watercolour look. I love all the different warm colours and the sea-flowers swaying in the sea.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Really exquisite work my friend.

    VastaaPoista
  4. A gorgeous mixed media project, love how you used the scarf pieces.
    Yvonne xx

    VastaaPoista
  5. Beautiful underwater scene Sirkkis! If you could make that fish move around, I would so use this for my screensaver!! Hugs :)

    VastaaPoista
  6. Oh, I like this creation, especially the nice fish.
    Regards Ulrike

    VastaaPoista

Thank you for the time you take to leave the comment.
Kiitos ajastasi, jonka käytät kommentin jättämiseen.