maanantai 14. helmikuuta 2022

The last pages of my Junk Journal Book

 

 I've taken this spread's images from my old Swedish language school book - except the girl image.
The 22-year old man is going to his new business and is dressed in a smart suit. The younger boy is a student still. The girl notices the business man and loves his suit ;)

"If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere." - Van Gogh
Here you see my three  old ATCs from 2011. 

These pages make the last spread of my junk journal book. In the book there are so many pages that it's difficult to get good photos from the last ones. You see there two women (my ATCs), and I think the woman on the left page looks so smart and self-confident that she is not under a man's rule. I think she could be a business woman and she travels a lot. On the contrary the woman on the right page is from the Victorian era when women had limited possibilities to achieve themselves. Under the law the married couple became one entity represented by the husband, placing him in control of all property, earnings and money.
Because this is the last spread I'd like to show you also the first spread where you  see that I've used the same main BG paper on the both spreads.
I show also newly this junk 'Best moments' book's  covers.

The first spread
The front and back covers
.

I'm linking the post at Art Journal Journey challenge theme 'What's your Style', which is chosen and hosted by Bluebird and Elizabeth from the Altered Book Lover blog. I use many styles, this is one of them.
Thank  you for your interest and looking.
*****
Viimeiset junk journal-kirjaseni sivut. Ensimmäisessä aukeamassa on kuvia vanhasta ruotsin kielen oppikirjastani. Uudessa puvussaan nuorimies on menossa ensimmäiseen työpaikkaansa. Nuorukainen alhaalla on vielä opiskelija. Tytön kuva on muualta ja hän huomioi pukumiehen ihastellen.
Seuraavalla aukeamalla on kolme lintuaiheista ATC-korttia vuodelta 2011.
Seuraava sivu on viimeinen aukeama. Siinä vasemmalla oleva nainen näyttää niin itsevarmalta ja tomeralta, ettei varmaankaan ole miehen tossun alla ;) Luultavasti on bisnes nainen ja matkustellut paljon. Päinvastoin toisella sivulla oleva nainen on pukeutumisesta päätellen viktoriaaniselta aikakaudelta, jolloin naisella ei ollut mahdollisuutta toteuttaa itsesään, saati sitten edes omistaa avioliitossa mitään, vaan kaikki oli aviomiehen hallinnassa.
Kirjaan tuli niin monta sivua, että viimeisistä oli vaikea saada hyviä kuvia.
Laitan vielä uudestaan ensimmäisen aukeaman, josta näkyy, että käytin siinä samaa päätaustapaperia, sekä kirjasen molemmat kannet.
Kiitos mielenkiinnostasi ja käynnistä.

9 kommenttia:

  1. I love the last pages of your junk journal, Sirkkis. The whole journal is a real beauty! Thank you for the inspiration, my friend. And I am very glad to see that you used the stamp with the ship from Greece! You make me very happy! Sending you a big hug, sweetie.

    VastaaPoista
  2. You may have saved the best of your junk journal pages for last, Sirkkis. The man in the suit is classy and so 80s.

    Your bird ATCs are great. I really LOVE how you collaged them back in 2011. Just goes to show that some art is timeless.

    I was saddened to read that women had so little power back in Victorian times. We women really HAVE come a long way since then. I can't imagine giving up my freedom OR my home even for love.

    I really enjoyed each of these pages and I also love the backgrounds you created. Thank you so very much for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Bleubeard’s and my theme. You really HAVE inspired me. And I love that you recycled old art and showed how fresh and modern it still feels.



    VastaaPoista
  3. I just love these pages Sirkkis. I've really enjoyed your journals. Wow. I looked them over carefully a couple of times. I've been moving things in my work space and found a couple of boxes of images, and the first thing I thought to do was use them up in a journal. Thanks for the inspiration and ideas. And thanks for joining us at AJJ also with these fantastic pages. I hope your new week is starting well. We have some light snow this morning, and more arctic cold. Hugs-Erika

    VastaaPoista
  4. Beautiful pages and covers Sirkkis! I love your junk journal art!

    VastaaPoista
  5. Your art is always so interesting and beautiful.

    VastaaPoista
  6. Sirkkis this is really amazing. I love how you haved filled the pages with such richness and texture. This is a superb book and I do hope you will continue making more journals.

    VastaaPoista
  7. What an amazing junk journal! All the pages look amazing and I bet it was fun to create too - love it 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs Jo x

    VastaaPoista
  8. More fantastic pages, I like the way you are displaying your ATC's in this junk style book.
    Thank you for linking to The theme over at AJJ.
    Yvonne xx

    VastaaPoista
  9. I love your explanations as much as the pages themselves! The ATC page is so vibrant! Such a joy to see today, Hugs, Chrisx

    VastaaPoista

Thank you for the time you take to leave the comment.
Kiitos ajastasi, jonka käytät kommentin jättämiseen.