sunnuntai 4. helmikuuta 2024

Color helps to express Light


*Color helps to express LIGHT - not the physical phenomenon, but the only light that really exists, that in the artist's brain* - Henry Matisse
It's best to believe the master's words 😌
 
For the Vicki's theme 'Keeping It Light' at Art Journal Journey this month.
I started to make this page using very simple materials, which are made earlier by me. You see them beneath:
The hand charcoal drawn/acrylics painted portrait on the crumbled paper bag. I cropped it from my old hand made junk journal spread page with a bit of its background, too.



So the final page turned out in quite a different style. I digitally painted the face  and the new BG with painting brushes, added new images and elements, typed the Henry Matisse's word of light, added light effects and finished my new hybrid art journal page.
Thank you for looking and happy new week ahead everyone🌞
🌄🌈🌅
"Väri auttaa ilmaisemaan valoa - ei fyysisiä ilmiöitä, mutta vain valoa, joka todella on olemassa - taiteilijan päässä." - Henry Matisse
Mestaria on uskominen. Tein ylläolevan hybridityön ja aloitin niin yksinkertaisin materiaalein kuin käsin hiilellä piirtämäni/akryylimaalaamani muotokuva, ja osa junk journal aukeamastani taustaan. Jatkoin maalaamalla uudelle taustalle digisiveltimillä kasvot, lisäämällä elementtejä ja digitalisia tehosteita. Viimeistelin työni kirjoittamalla Henry Matisse'n viisaat sanat ja linkitän sen 'Valo'-teemaan.
Hyvää alkavaa uutta viikkoa kaikille meille valoisissa merkeissä 🌞

10 kommenttia:

  1. Ohhh she is amazing. I love all the color but the red is so striking.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Wow ~ beautiful piece, Sirkkis! I have no idea how you paint with digital brushes. Have a creative week!

    VastaaPoista
  3. I love that crinkled paper and those bold colors. They are definitely full of light. What a great quote too. This is a nice page to start to new week. Thanks for linking up to Vicki's challenge at AJJ, and happy new week. hugs-Erika

    VastaaPoista
  4. Colorful, creative and fantastic page.
    Have a nice week

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you dear Ladies for your lovely words, they make my day 🥰

      Poista
  5. Huikean ihanat voimavärit ja kauniit kasvot.
    Oikein hyvää Runebergin päivää sinulle

    VastaaPoista
  6. A fabulous page, she is beautiful and I love the quote! Thanks so much for sharing at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

    VastaaPoista
  7. Wow, this is such an amazing art piece! I love the details of how you went about putting this together and some things that are so new to me! I thank you for explaining your ideas and your inspiration behind the "light" theme! I love looking at this and I thank you for sharing!

    VastaaPoista

Thank you for the time you take to leave the comment.
Kiitos ajastasi, jonka käytät kommentin jättämiseen.