lauantai 2. tammikuuta 2021

The Flappers' Era

For the theme 'Roaring twenties' at Digital Whisper January 2nd.
Thanks for visiting the era of modernity, when in western society and culture were roaring fashionable young women called flappers, foppish men, Art Deco, Jazz music, movie pictures, new technologies, mass production etc.
I collaged my page using as a background my earlier for the theme 'Art Deco' made work, which you see beneath. The images that I added on it now, are all freebies and I found them by google, some of them were already in my files.
Happy New Year 2021 everyone.
💥💥💥
'Kuohuva 1920-luku'
on teemana. Se ilmeni länsimaisena modernistisena elämäntyylinä. Siihen kuuluivat juhlivat flapper-tytöt lyhyine hameineen, keikarimaiset miehet, jazz musiikki, Art Deco, elokuvat, uusi teknologia autoineen,
kulutustavaratuotanto jne.
Koostin aihepiiriin liittyvistä kuvista kollaasin, johon freebie materiaali löytyi googlaamalla ja osa arkistoistani. Rakensin kollaasin aiemmin Art Deco-teemaan tekemäni työn päälle (kuva yllä)
Hyvää vuodenjatkoa kaikille.

8 kommenttia:

  1. This is gorgeous. I love the complexity of it, and it all works together beautifully. Well done!!

    VastaaPoista
  2. I like these flappers. That style always looks so glamorous to me. Your ladies are certainly that. Hope your new year is starting off well. hugs-Erika

    VastaaPoista
  3. In french, this decade is called 'the crazy years'.
    You illustrated them very well Sirkkis!
    I wish the better for this new year for you and yours my friend.

    VastaaPoista
  4. Happy New Year Sirkka, this is a very glamourous page, I love those flapper images, so stylish.
    Avril xx

    VastaaPoista
  5. This is an absolutely marvelous collage. By the way, your new blog header is beautiful too! I wish you all good things in 2021, and look forward to more of your very talented art.

    VastaaPoista
  6. Fabulous collage you have absolutely nailed the twenties...excellent.

    P.S. Prohibition started in 1920 and ended in 1933 the reason you always see everyone drinking is there were many secret clubs and bars, called speak-eases lots of liquor smuggling and so much crime. People were making their own booze in their bathtubs and out in the woods. That's why the law was repealed.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thanks for info. But twenties included much more than drinking 😏

      Poista

Thank you for the time you take to leave the comment.
Kiitos ajastasi, jonka käytät kommentin jättämiseen.