keskiviikko 10. helmikuuta 2021

Odour of the Sun King?

During the time of Louis XIV warm baths were considered to be vectors of diseases. There for the Sun King used a lot of perfume and changed his shirt many times a day.- Wikipedia
I cropped the picture of the Sun King from one of my history books, made the background and added the butterflies and the frame. I suppose that he used flowery perfumes 😏
I made another butterfly related digital piece:
The 'Balls' and butterflies were made with photoshop tools.
I made the interpretations on the theme 'Butterflies' at Three Muses Challenge. 
🌞🌻🌞
'Aurinkokuninkaan tuoksu?'
Ludvig XIV ei kylpenyt tautien pelossa, koska hänen aikanaan uskottiin veden toimivan tautien tartunnan välittäjänä. Siksi hän vaihtoi paitaa monta kertaa päivässä ja käytti runsaasti hajuvettä. -Wikipedia
Irrotin aurinkokuninkaan kuvan erään historiankirjani sivulta ja tein sille taustan ja lisäsin perhoset ja kehyksen.
Minä oletan hänen käyttäneen jotain kukkaistuoksu 😏
Tein toisenkin perhosaiheisen digityön. Siinä tein 'Pallot' ja perhoset fotoshop-työkaluilla.

8 kommenttia:

  1. Two amazing butterfly inspired pieces, Sirkkis. I love the story of baths being bad for your health.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Two nice ones. Happy Wednesday

    Much💗love

    VastaaPoista
  3. Great scenery, Sirkkis. I have no idea how you made the scenery ball but it looks terrific.

    VastaaPoista
  4. Both of these are stunning, Sim. Of course I love the whimsical touch of the butterfly on the nose! As for the second, so unique and original, and so beautifully done. BRAVO, my friend!

    VastaaPoista
  5. An real explosion of colours, fun and butterflies!
    I love both; the first one makes me laught!
    Thank you for sharing with us your humour and good mood Sirkkis! :D

    VastaaPoista
  6. They are both very lovely but I adore the first one so fun, so awesome.

    VastaaPoista
  7. The world must have smelled pretty bad then, even with the spices people used to perfume themselves with, but of course, everyone smelled bad so people must have not noticed it the same way. I love these pages and all those butterflies. It's time for butterflies to come back, well after this winter disappears. Hugs-Erika

    VastaaPoista
  8. That framed up image with the butterflies is soooo awesome. I try not to think of the lack of baths back then... uck! Wonderful look to both your brilliant creations. I learn so much from you!

    VastaaPoista

Thank you for the time you take to leave the comment.
Kiitos ajastasi, jonka käytät kommentin jättämiseen.