sunnuntai 15. elokuuta 2021

Yellow Iris inspiration

My latest hand painted portrait.  I painted for her the background with impressionistic style on 8x6 inch cardstock and used acrylics. I painted the face with a dry paint technique, which means that the skin is painted with almost a dry brush, blending and blending constantly step by step until the color and result is satisfying you. You can this way make shades, shadows and create roundness to the face. A real face is not flat. This is a very difficult technique, and mine is not perfect at all. You cant correct  anything after you have placed the color with only one brush stroke on a paper. But I love the technique when it is perfect enough - I like challenges. I haven't added anything digitally on this painting. So I made the art journal page from it. You see it beneath.
The three petals of the Iris flower are symbolic of
faith, valor, and wisdom.
I made digitally a background for the text, witch I typed with my computer, and placed it on my painting. 
I'm linking the page on the Neet's  theme 'Type' at Art Journal Journey this month.
Thank you for looking and the time you take to leave the comment.
*****
'Keltakurjenmiekka-inspraatio'
Tämä on viimeisin maalaamani muotokuva. Käytin arkyyli-maaleja ja 'kuiva'-tekniikkaa, joka tarkoittaa, että käytetään mahdollisimman kuivaa sivellintä ja maalia ikään kuin hangataan pala palalta taustalle. Siten kasvoja voi varjostamalla ja eri sävyjä käyttäen muotoilla. Nehän eivät ole todellisuudessa litteät. Mitään ei myöskään voi korjata, kun maalia on levittänyt vain yhdenkin siveltimenvedon. En ole ollenkaan taitava vielä, mutta pidän tekniikasta ja haluan yrittää jatkossakin. Pidän haasteista... Tämän kuitenkin tohdin julkaista, ja harjoittelen lisää...
Maalauksen koko on 15x21 cm kartongille.
Tein maalauksesta digitaalisesti art journal-kokoisen version, johon lisäsin tekemäni tekstipohjan ja kirjoitin sille tekstin, sekä lisäsin kuvan alle kuvatestin: Kolme 'kurjenmiekan terälehteä ovat uskollisuuden, rohkeuden ja viisauden symboleita. 

Kiitos käynnistä ja kommentista.

7 kommenttia:

  1. Ive never heard of painting a portrait in this way but it is very interesting although it must take a while to do. I love the effect, the shades you have got in the complexion are fabulous. Love how the nose looks which is something I struggle with - it really is beautiful painting.
    I do like the idea of the background being in the style of the Impressionists which is a favourite period of art for me (and many others I think). Love your water iris.
    A beautiful page for my theme at Art Journal Joiurney, so well executed.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    VastaaPoista
  2. A wonderful page, beautifully painted Sirkkis! I love seeing the yellow water irises in the Summer.
    Alison

    VastaaPoista
  3. She's gorgeous Sirkkis and rather exotic looking too. Those dark eyes really draw your eye in. And I like how you added the water iris too. Faces are not really my thing, nor do I do them well, so I really appreciate yours. Nice type title for Neet's challenge also. Thanks for sharing this at Art Journal Journey with this lovely piece. And hope you are enjoying the weekend also. We've finally gotten back to some beautiful summer weather from some too hot weather. Hugs-Erika

    VastaaPoista
  4. Oh my...this is just beautiful! Your flowers are gorgeous! Paint more-please!!!!!!

    VastaaPoista
  5. This is a very unique painting. It is absolutely stunning. The face is actually radiant. You blended it so well. I love that you chose the three irises, too. The symbolism is fabulous. Thank you so very much for sharing this really unusual and original painting with us at Art Journal Journey using Neet's theme.

    VastaaPoista
  6. A stunning and beautiful painting, here eyes look amazing. Thank you for sharing another wonderful page with Neet's theme at AJJ.
    Yvonne xx

    VastaaPoista
  7. Wow, I have never heard of this technique but the look is wonderful. Great portrait. Love the flowers and flower focus as well. Lovely work!!!!

    VastaaPoista

Thank you for the time you take to leave the comment.
Kiitos ajastasi, jonka käytät kommentin jättämiseen.