lauantai 2. huhtikuuta 2022

My favorite movie 'The Umbrellas of Cherbourg'

'The Umbrellas of Cherbourg'
It is the musical, emotional 1964 movie, that brought lovely angel faced Catherine Deneuve to stardom. It tells a brilliantly crafted story about the dichotomies of life - success and hardship, youth and maturity, love and heartbreak. It's directed by Jacques Demy, and the super music and lyrics is created by Michel Legrand. The film won the Palme d'Or at the 1964 Cannes Film Festival, and was nominated for five Academy Awards, including Best Foreign-Language Film, Best Original Screenplay (Demy), and Best Original Score (Demy and Legrand).
In 1964 I was living my youth and this dazzling film deeply affected me emotionally.  When it was presented in our TV some time ago, it still made me to cry. I'll love it forever.
I include here a trial of the film: 
I'm linking my digital art journal page at Art Journal Journey, the Alison's theme 'Play it again, Sam', which refers to create a page, which is based on your favorite movie or song. I created my page in colors of 1960. I am surprised how similar the hair style of Catherine is to the style now.
Thank you for looking.

📽️🎞️🎬

'Cherbourgin Sateenvarjot'
Tämä 1960-luvun väreihin tekemäni art journal-sivun menee teemaan 'Suosikki elokuvani tai lauluni'. Tämä ihana musikaali-elokuva teki minuun nuoruudessani 1960-luvulla syvän vaikutuksen upealla musiikillaan ja lauletulla tunteisiin vetoavalla kerronnallaan, joka kuvaa elämän kaksijakoisuutta: onni ja epäonni/nuoruus ja äitiys/rakkaus ja sen haaksirikko.
Tämä taidokkaasti tehty, monin filmialan palkinnoin palkittu filmi vei enkelikasvoisen Catharine Deneuven tähteyteen. Hämmästyin nyt, miten hänen kampauksensa muistuttaa juuri tämän päivänkin muodissa olevaa hiustyyliä.
Kun filmi esitettiin pari vuotta sitten televisiossa, sai se edelleenkin minut  kyyneliin. Tämä häikäisevä surumielinen elokuvaa on suosikkini ikuisesti.
Ohessa on filmin traileri, ja voit muistella menneitä, jos niin haluat.
Kiitos käynnistäsi.

10 kommenttia:

  1. I don't know this film, but then, I'm not very good at remembering films. It sounds wonderful. I must check it out. And I love your page too. It is really eye catching how you used those colorful umbrellas in the back and then added the movie characters and quote in the front. Thanks for joining us for Alison's challenge, and happy April. hugs-Erika

    VastaaPoista
  2. Hi Erika,
    I would like to tell that digital art's creating is not that simple as you say above. I've altered the black and white background photo first to 4-color, gave it rain effects and 60's colors typical shades, added lighting effects with different filters and colors. Altered the umbrella group image more rainy like, added for the head role couple the umbrella, effected it and the couple with light effects, added street light image on the BG, typed the text with different types on the BG I made for them, effected them to fit the rainy weather. I made to the page 60s style frame.
    I think there is no sense to tell all that to visitors, because I've supposed that visitors know that my works are not that simple that I only add images on the ready background.
    Thank you for the comment.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Oh Sirkkis, I am SO glad I'm running late today, so I could see how you altered that image. Not being a digital artist myself, I was blown away by everything you went through to get the absolutely perfect digital entry I see on my screen. To say I was merely impressed with all you did to create this beauty using filters, lighting, and other adjustments would be an understatement. I am delighted you shared all you went through to get this. Also, I am thrilled you shared this with us at Art Journal Journey using Alison's theme, too. This is an absolutely PERFECT first entry this month. Even though I have never heard of this musical film or the song, it doesn't diminish the beauty you gave us.

    VastaaPoista
  4. I haven't heard of that film sirkkis, but you created a beautiful page for my theme at AJJ. Thanks so much for joining in with your favourite film.
    Happy Sunday.
    Alison

    VastaaPoista
  5. It is so touching and beautiful that this film made a big impression on you. Isn't it amazing how a movie or book or song or painting or digital art can affect us? They can touch our souls deeply. They can change our lives. Your piece is beautiful.

    VastaaPoista
  6. I positively adore this movie!!! Almost thought about doing a page on it too;). Your page is just stunning- no one could do it better than this!!

    VastaaPoista
  7. A fabulous digital page Sirkkis, that sounds a lovely film to remember, not seen it but I think I remember the lovely theme song.
    Thank you for linking to the new theme at AJJ.
    Yvonne xx

    VastaaPoista
  8. Beautiful and creative page for your movie choice ~ it is a delightful movie ~ Xo


    Wishing you love and laughter in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    VastaaPoista
  9. I have never heard of the film but your page and the script beneath the photo of the two lovers has made me feel as if I know of it.
    What a gorgeous page you have created here Sirkkis. It just draws the eye right in. Just lovely.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    VastaaPoista
  10. What a beautiful work of art you created here! I absolutely LOVE it and the song. I really enjoyed seeing the clips from the Catherine Deneuve movie!! I MUST see it now!!! She was so young and beautiful here. Thank you so much for sharing your art with all of us, and for sharing the amazing song and movie.

    VastaaPoista

Thank you for the time you take to leave the comment.
Kiitos ajastasi, jonka käytät kommentin jättämiseen.