perjantai 21. heinäkuuta 2023

Thoughts about roses and birds


"The red rose whispers of passion,
and the white rose breaths of love;
so, the red rose is a falcon, And
the white rose is a dove."
- John Boyle O'Reilly
My hybrid art journal page which was made using my hand painted portrait beneath.
Acryl painting 'Rose and Girl'
Now I set them on the new background made by me digitally. First I made the sky with digital filters and effects, then placed the images, which match the 'Come and fly with me' theme, and typed the quote on the BG.
I'm linking the work at the Alison's theme above at Art Journal Journey this month, and on the Nicole's/DVArtist Friday Face Off this week.
Thank you for stopping by. Have a nice day, and listen to the lovely whispers 
of flowers around 🌹
🌸🕊️
Ajatuksia linnuista ja ruusuista
"Punainen ruusu kuiskii intohimosta, 
ja valkoinen ruusu hengittää rakkaudesta;
näin punainen ruusu on muuttohaukka 
ja valkoinen ruusu kyyhkynen."
- John Boyle O'Reilly
Tämän hybridityön tein käyttäen siinä aiemmin akryyleillä maalaamaani 'Ruusu ja Tyttö'-työtäni. Tein sille nyt digitaalisesti uuden taustan taivaineen, johon lisäsin digitaalisesti 'Tule ja lennä kanssani'-teemaan sopivia elementtejä arkistostani sekä kirjoitin ylläolevan mietelauseen. Linkitän työni 'Tule ja lennä kanssani'- sekä 'Kasvot'-teemaan.
Kiitos käynnistä; vietä ihania kesäisiä päiviä ja kuuntele kukkien kuiskeita🌸 

15 kommenttia:

  1. I am not sure if my comment went through. I pointed out that your page reminds me of my Lancashire heritage. Lancashire has a white rose and the neighbouring county has a red rose.
    Your lady is beautiful, I love her yes and mouth and her skin is as pure as porcelain. A very beautifully done page.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    VastaaPoista
  2. ...I love the poem. Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

    VastaaPoista
  3. I've never read that poem but it is lovely. I like how you illustrated it also. I like your hand drawn face; this poem seems to work for her. I'm thinking we all have a bit of falcon and dove in us. Have a lovely weekend, and thanks for sharing this with us at AJJ. hugs-Erika

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you Neet for your memories and your comment 😘 It was published 👍

      Poista
  4. The lady in your portrait looks familiar. Did you base her on anyone?

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Hi Gene. Thanks for asking. When I painted her, I concentrated to paint first time a rose with acrylics, my efforts were mainly on it - and my frustrations seem to look in the face of her. So she looks now in the painting as I felt then 🥴

      Poista
  5. This is lovely. Have a nice weekend.

    Much💜love

    VastaaPoista
  6. Beautiful! I like how you combined everything!

    VastaaPoista
  7. Ohhhh I am so taken with the art and the saying. It touched my heart today. Thank you Sirkkis. Also thank you for sharing with FFO. Have the best day.

    VastaaPoista
  8. Your girl is beautiful Sirkkis! It's a wonderful page, and I love the poem.
    Thanks for joining in with my theme at AJJ.
    Alison

    VastaaPoista
  9. Girl and rose, reminds me of softness.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    VastaaPoista
  10. I am sorry I have not been around much this month. It is truly my fault because real life got in the way of visiting and leaving comments. I sincerely apologize.

    I love how you treated this latest entry. The woman is so beautiful, but those roses are fabulous. And of course, the dove and falcon are breathtaking. Just perfect for Alison's theme at Art Journal Journey. I absolutely love it. Thanks for sharing, dear Sirkkis.

    VastaaPoista
  11. This is such a beautiful journal page with your painted picture on it. What a great creation and the words to go with it!
    Happy weekend, hug Elke

    VastaaPoista
  12. She is beautiful on both backgrounds, but the addition of the quote, birds and flowers gives her meaning ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    VastaaPoista

Thank you for the time you take to leave the comment.
Kiitos ajastasi, jonka käytät kommentin jättämiseen.