perjantai 26. huhtikuuta 2024

Woman in straw boater

 
'Woman in straw boater'
I started this painting process with acrylics. I make always a sketch before hand.  Now you see it beneath.
The sketch on a paper.
I painted the background in a 4,5 x 6,5 inch size on a mixed media paper with acrylics, and I am satisfied how it turned out in different grey/green tones. Then I got an idea to paint the woman in my photoshop program with digital brushes and a mouse. So I scanned the background and sent it to my photoshop program. Painting with the mouse on the desktop screen is 'hand painting' as well, and it's more difficult than to paint with brushes on a paper; your hand must to be very steady. Anyway, I started to paint on the desktop screen. The most difficult task was to draw her hands with the mouse. 
This is the first time I paint 'hybrid' this way. I've painted fauvism-style portraits with digital brushes on the screen before, but not on my hand made background like I did this time. The topic of the portrait is not mine - I followed one of Kees van Dongen's woman portrait.  
I link my painting at the Nicole's DV Artist Friday Face Off this week.
Thank you for looking, and have a happy FFO 💚
🎨🎭
Linkitän maalaukseni myös huhtikuun Teemakuun Kollaasit 'Maalaus' keväisin värein-haasteeseen. Vihreän sävyt ja olkihattu maalauksessa vievät ainakin minut keväisiin jopa kesäisiin tunnelmiin. Maalaukseni edustaa fauvismi-taidetyyliä, jossa kirkkaat värit vieläpä muotokuvien kasvoissa ovat mm. sen tunnusmerkkejä.
Teen aina lyijykynäluonnoksen ennen kuin maalaan muotokuvat. Ylhäällä näet tämän työn, jolle maalasin taustan akryyleillä. Maalauksen tein poikkeuksellisesti hybridinä: päätinkin kokeilla, miten muotokuvan maalaus onnistuisi taustalleni fotoshopissa hiirellä käsin tietokoneen kuvaruudulla. Olen jo aiemmin maalannut juuri fauismi-tyyliä siten, mutta en kahta tekniikkaa käyttäen. Skannasin käsin maalaamani  taustan ja siirryin siis fotoshoppiin. Hiirellä digisiveltimillä maalaaminen on kyllä käsin paperille maalaamista vaikeampaa millintarkkaa työtä, mutta värit saa kätevämmin valittua ja niitä on suuri valikoima. Nuo kädet olivat vaikein osa piirtää hiirellä. Muotokuvan aihe noudattelee osin erästä ranskalaisen fauvismi-tyylillä maalanneen Kees van Dongen'in maalaamaa muotokuvaa. Olen tyytyväinen sekä käsin akryyleillä maalaamaani harmaa/vihreä-sävyiseen taustaan että hiirellä maalattuun 'Olkihattupäiseen naiseen', joten teenpä näin joskus toistenkin.
Toivotan meille kaikille lämpenevää viikonloppua 💚

20 kommenttia:

  1. Vangitseva katse, muttei pelottava sentään. Kädet ovat haastavia maalata.

    VastaaPoista
  2. ...thanks, I did know what a straw boater was. Have a wonderful weekend.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. If you see only the straw boater, you lose a lot 😏

      Poista
  3. She is fabulous Sirkkis. I feel some time travel going on...perhaps you were channel some Renoir. It's a lovely piece, and I read this week there was a big snow in Finland. I'm not sure it snowed this week, but the article implied it did. Hope it melts for you soon so spring can return. hugs-Erika

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thanks Erika. We did have a big snowing, never before this late ❄️ Now it's smelting but not all yet 🌞

      Poista
  4. Art is the fountain of youth. Enjoyable seeing your work. Thank you so much! Aloha

    VastaaPoista
  5. Lovely. I agree with you that it is more difficult to paint on the screen.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you 😘, nice to know that I'm not the only one who feel so 😊

      Poista
  6. The sketch is beautiful.
    I like the blog and follow!
    Have a nice day!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you Katerina, you are welcome 🤗
      Enjoy the weekend 🌞

      Poista
  7. OMGosh! I love this painting. I really love the sketch too. You are such a good artist. Thank you for joining FFO and have a very nice weekend.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Hi, Nicole, Google doesn't seem to let you in😏
      Chrome has had several up datings recently. Maybe it's the reason 🤔
      Thank you for the comment.
      Happy weekend 😘

      Poista
  8. Minulle tuli heti Meksikolainen kaunotar mieleen värien vuoksi. Kaunis työ jälleen.
    Mukavaa viikonloppua sinulle.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Kiitos Enkuli, samoin hyvää viikonloppua sinulle😊
      Olisikohan Fridan näköä🤔😉

      Poista
  9. Tykkään voimakkaista väreistä. Minullekin tuli Kahlo mieleen :)

    VastaaPoista
  10. Your "Lady in a Straw Boater" is wonderful, Sirkkis! I love the strong vibrant colors. I can't imagine trying to draw hands with a mouse. You amaze me! I hope this coming week is filled with artistic creativity for you! Take care!

    VastaaPoista

Thank you for the time you take to leave the comment.
Kiitos ajastasi, jonka käytät kommentin jättämiseen.